Be part of our leadership! Do you envision a world where everyone in our community experiences economic justice and financial inclusion? We do too! Please see the full job description below.
We are looking for a Program Manager to join our community wealth-building team. The Program Manager position is a senior management position that leads oversight over a variety of exciting projects that offers free and comprehensive financial counseling and education to New Yorkers in the Bronx and other underserved communities in New York City. The Program Manager is a critical contributor to developing and implementing Ariva’s vision for growth.
Face-to-face in-person service is an essential component of this position; the manager will oversee staff and operations at one of Ariva’s Bronx offices. All staff must be vaccinated and must mask and follow our health and safety procedures in our offices. We offer excellent benefits including but not limited to subsidized health and dental insurance, generous paid time off and retirement benefits. The position has a starting salary of $60,000 to $65,000. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This posting will be open until October 30, 2022.
The Program Manager has lead responsibility for all aspects of Ariva’s financial counseling in the assigned projects. The Program Manager’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and supervision of assigned financial counseling projects.
- Design and implementation of existing and new projects, including workshops and curriculum development.
- Participation in agency strategy sessions with Board and executive staff. The Manager is a critical contributor in developing Ariva’s vision for growth.
- Program budget development, monitoring, and reporting.
- Program contract management.
- Recruiting, training, retaining, and supervising line staff.
- Serving as lead agency liaison with community partners who host projects.
- Developing new community partnerships with all stakeholders, including residents,
financial institutions, financial services providers, and community-based organizations.
- Promoting program integration with Ariva’s free tax preparation program.
- Generating all internal and external performance reports on projects.
- Serving as liaison with funders and city agencies.
- Performance monitoring to ensure projects are on target with project goals, aligned with
Ariva’s mission and strategy and compliant with all funder, regulatory, and internal requirements.
- Fundraising in collaboration with Ariva development and executive staff.
- Minimum three years experience in financial counseling, some in a supervisory capacity.
- A Master’s degree or above in a related field will substitute for some of the experience requirements.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong project management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying goals, requirements, and timelines.
- Ability to actively lead multiple projects and make midcourse corrections to ensure projects’ success.
- A commitment to and experience working with low-income people and in low-income communities.
- Ability to establish new relationships and manage existing ones with community partners.
- Must be very well-organized, with great attention to detail.
- Computer-literate; comfortable with data management, data entry, and reporting.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, patient, with a sense of humor and a strong work ethic.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
In addition to the above competencies, any of the additional skills and experience listed below are
- Fluency in Spanish
- Contract management experience.
- Experience with financial counseling and adult education and familiarity with consumer
banking products a plus.
- Familiarity with Salesforce
- Certification in financial counseling (CUNY Consumer and Personal Finance or equivalent)
Salary: $60,000 to 65,000/year, depending on experience. Ariva offers full-time employees subsidized health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, and other benefits. Interested applicants should email their resume and cover letter to Adelaida Morin at firstname.lastname@example.org. This posting will be open until October 30, 2022.