Have you filed your taxes yet? Do you have kids 17 years old or younger?
You are eligible for free money regardless of your immigration status!
The White House expanded the monthly Child Tax Credit (CTC) Program earlier this year through the American Rescue Plan. Now, parents can receive up to $3600 for each child under six and $3,000 for children 6-17 years old. The best part? All you need to do is file your taxes to qualify for this payment automatically.
How It Works and Why You Shouldn’t Miss Out:
- When you file for taxes, there’s no extra effort or application to receive the credit.
- As long as your tax return is approved and filed correctly, you’ll begin receiving payments. There is no additional paperwork or application process involved. Families with little to no income are eligible.
- The Child Tax Credit is available to everyone, regardless of immigration status!
- Parents with Individual Taxpayer Identification Numbers (ITINs) who have children with Social Security Numbers (SSNs) can receive The Child Tax Credit.
How We Can Help
We know how hard it can be to file taxes, but that’s why we are here! We don’t want families leaving money on the table because the process is confusing, which is why we offer free tax preparation services across the city. If you are having trouble filing for taxes, we can help:
- Our tax program staff and volunteers are IRS-certified. We work hard to ensure that all returns are accurate and error-free.
- We have a tax preparation checklist, so you save time once it’s time for us to help you file.
- Government picture ID, Social Security Card or ITIN information, and income documents are needed for us to help you file taxes.
Our team is here to make sure that you are receiving every benefit possible. The Child Tax Credit is something we want all eligible families to receive. Do not miss out on this extra cash for your family! Call us at 718-690-9873 to schedule a free appointment to file your taxes.
Learn more about the Child Tax Credit Program.