Do you envision a world characterized by financial inclusion and economic justice? So do we! We seek an Assistant Program Director to join our leadership team. Please see the full job description below.
The Assistant Program Director is a senior manager who oversees a variety of Ariva’s financial capabilities programs. Our program is growing and this position has the opportunity to grow with it! The Assistant Program Director will be part of Ariva’s leadership team, with an active voice in agency planning and strategic direction, and will have an active role in managing external relationships and communications in the financial counseling program. Ariva’s Financial Capabilities Program currently operates five projects, with two managers, and eleven financial counseling and support staff. The Assistant Program Director will have lead oversight of at least three of these projects.
This job involves frequent local travel to sites around NYC and requires some evenings and weekend hours over the course of the year. Face-to-face in-person service is an essential component of this position. All staff must be vaccinated and must follow the health and safety procedures in our offices. Starting salary at $70,000. Ariva offers full-time employees subsidized health and dental insurance, generous paid time off, and other benefits. Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. This posting will be open until October 30, 2022.
FULL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Assistant Program Director will have lead responsibility for all aspects of Ariva’s financial counseling in the assigned projects.
The Assistant Program Director’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Management and supervision of at least three of Ariva’s financial capabilities projects.
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of current and new projects.
- Participation and active contribution to agency strategy sessions with Board and executive staff.
- Program budget development, monitoring, and reporting.
- Contract management.
- Recruitment, mentoring, retention, and supervision of financial capabilities program managers.
- Cultivation and engagement of community partners, financial services partners, and other host partners in the communities we serve.
- Development and maintenance of partnerships with public, private, and community- service providers working in areas related to financial inclusion, credit building, workforce, and business development.
- Design and implementation of program integration activities with Ariva’s free tax preparation program.
- Support program managers in generating all internal and external performance reports on projects. Analyze program performance; propose and implement plans for improvement when needed.
- Maintain positive communication and relationships with funders and city agencies.
- Track and monitor project activities to ensure that projects are on target with their goals, are aligned with Ariva’s mission and strategy and are compliant with all funder, regulatory and internal requirements.
- Fundraising in collaboration with Ariva development and executive staff.
- Collaboration with Ariva’s marketing team to review and approve communication content, website information, and public campaigns to promote programs.
- Minimum five years experience in financial counseling, some in a supervisory capacity.
- A Master’s degree or above in a related field will substitute for some of the experience requirement.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree.
- Strong program management skills; ability to simultaneously manage multiple projects with varying goals, requirements, and timelines.
- Ability to actively lead multiple projects and make midcourse corrections to ensure projects’ success.
- A commitment to and experience working with low-income people and in low-income communities.
- Ability to establish new relationships and manage existing ones with community partners.
- Must be very well-organized, with great attention to detail.
- Computer-literate; comfortable with data management, data entry, reporting, and Excel.
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Flexible, patient, with a sense of humor and a strong work ethic.
- Desire and ability to work with diverse populations.
In addition to the above competencies, any of the additional skills and experience listed below are
- Fluency in Spanish
- Contract management experience with city agencies.
- Experience with financial counseling and adult education and familiarity with consumer banking products a plus.
- Experience with small business development.
- Familiarity with CRMs.
- Certification in financial counseling (CUNY Consumer and Personal Finance or