Ariva helps New Yorkers strengthen their financial capabilities by assisting them in six areas of financial health:
- Budget & Money Management
- Access to mainstream, affordable financial services, and products.
The Ventanilla, the Financial Education Window, at the Mexican Consulate in New York serves the Mexican immigrant community living in NYC. At the Ventanilla, clients learn about establishing credit, reducing debt and creating family budgets. Our financial counselors also assist clients in accessing safe and affordable banking products, filing taxes and applying for ITINs.
Learn more about the Ventanilla in a report by the NYC Department of Consumer Affairs.
We Master Money: Credit
Empowers women micro-entrepreneurs to establish and build credit. We offer group credit building education and workshops along with one-on-one financial counseling from certified counselors. Services are available in Spanish, English and French at various locations in the Bronx, Brooklyn, Queens and Manhattan.
Single Stop Financial Counseling
This is a collaboration between Ariva and four community-based social services agencies at several locations in Manhattan and the Bronx: We partner in this program with CUCS, LIFT, POTS, and BronxWorks to offer free financial counseling to their clients.
Light Up Your Financial Future: Comprehensive Financial Counseling and Coaching
Ariva is headquartered in the Bronx and we have many programs and initiatives exclusively serving Bronx residents in reaching their financial goals.
- Financial Capabilities at VITA Income Tax Sites – Ariva’s financial counselors offer free counseling at many of our Bronx VITA tax sites. VITA clients can meet with a certified counselor to review their credit report and develop financial goals. Our counselors are then available throughout the year to continue to work with clients on pursuing their goals and strengthening their financial health.
- Budget and Credit Workshops – We are partnering with five institutions in the Bronx to deliver our budget and credit workshops to Bronx residents: Ariva is working with LIFT, BronxWorks, Bronx Community College, Every Day is a Miracle and St. Jerome H.A.N.D.S Community Center to bring our financial education program to their clients.
- One-on-one financial counseling – Year round, Ariva offers Bronx residents confidential advice about their money, credit, debt, savings, bank accounts, and tax preparation.