Come Get Your Refund at Ariva!

Ariva can help you with your taxes for FREE!

During the tax season, Ariva will operate free tax preparation sites which are open to the public at 167th Street in the South Bronx and University Neighborhood Housing Program in the northwest Bronx. Ariva also operates free tax preparation sites at Hostos Community College, Fifth Avenue Committee in Brooklyn, and several Bronx-based bank branches and nonprofit sites. We can help you file tax returns, resolve issues with the IRS or NYS Tax Department, apply for an ITIN and more. Starting in March, Ariva can also help you file previous years’ returns up to three years prior.

Site Ariva at 167th Street
Service Delivery Walk-ins only. First come, first served.
Call (718) 292-2983 for more info.
Address 69 E. 167th St. (At Gerard Avenue),
Second Floor, Bronx, NY 10452
Nearest Train 4 or B/D to 167th St.
Schedule Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays: 5:00 – 7:30 p.m.
Wednesdays: 2:00 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Saturdays: 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
Fridays and Sundays: Closed
Open and Close Dates January 21– April 15, 2015
Eligibility Filers with $53,000 or less and dependents,
$25,000 or less with no dependents

What documents do I need?

Remember to bring:

  • Proof of identification
  • Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration OR Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) assignment letter for you, your spouse and dependents (if you don’t have Social Security cards)
  • Proof of foreign status, if applying for an ITIN
  • Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
  • Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
  • 1095-A (Health Marketplace)
  • Any interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
  • A copy of last year’s federal and state returns if available
  • Proof of bank account routing numbers and account numbers for free direct deposit, such as a blank check
  • Total paid for daycare provider and the daycare provider’s tax identification number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
  • To file taxes electronically on a married-filing-joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.

Need information on free tax preparation for immigrants?
Click here to see how Ariva can help.

Have questions? Find out the answers to Frequently Asked Questions.